Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Showers














This morning, April began by combining three of my favorite things: waking up so early it's dark outside, job interview and riding a bike in the pouring rain (with minimal brakes to boot). If you're not picking up on the sarcasm, well, yeah.

This decision mostly centered around the job interview, as it took place fairly early and a good 15 minutes from my current office. My thinking was that biking into work, even during Monsoon Charlie, was quicker than that monstrosity known as the bus. Plus, I didn't have a pass.

What I didn't plan was ringing out my clothes afterwards. But after the early wake and sopping/more dangerous than normal bike ride, I thought the problems would end. Except the walk to the interview left me almost as wet and with hair looking like Pat Riley. Fortunately for me, the kind woman I was interviewing with had endured the same effects of Charlie. As an aside, they don't name Sydney rainstorms, but I might have to get in the habit.

Interview went as scheduled and the rain subsided throughout the day. The last bit of fun was putting the drenched clothes back on for the ride home.

Do I miss the land of Southern California, with its cars and constant sunshine? Hmmm....

No comments: